Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, August 10, 2008

10:1 (x12)

Awoke to rain and then went back to sleep. Awoke several hours later and noticed the sun out :-) Walked and fed Bud and then my run began at about 9:00 am. The weather was great for a run -- not humid with temperature 20C.

A great turn-out of runners, power walkers, and bikers on the Martin Goodman Trail! At the beginning of my run, the grounds were wet and memories of running in the rain a week before the inaugral Nissan 10 Miler from July 2007 came back to mind -- the runner's knee injury, the frustration of not being able to run the race... A conservative run (especially since I forgot (!) to wear my knee brace). I was pleased to have run in an upward incline when I got to the Humber River as well as a hill on the Queensway after passing the Sunnyside Pool; none of this was planned am I'm still surprised I did it. The downhills were welcomed as it complemented the mainly flat path. The long run this morning was great, minus getting "fingered" by a bicylist near the CNE Princess Gates. Geez...

Today's run was 18.42 K; 146.6 bpm average heart rate; and with an average pacing of 7:10 min/K.

4 runs this week for a total of 37.04 K.

YTD = 721.40 K