Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

New Shoes; 30:1 (X2)

Lazy days of summer...so true -- woke up at 10 AM (ouch!). Tried to make myself feel better as my run could be in the early evening; to prepare for the Midsummer Night's 30 K run, which starts at 5:30 PM. When I took Bud on his morning walk (that's theory -- in practice, he takes ME on a walk), it was overcast and not humid. I did my 30:1 (X2) and it was sunny -- fortunately, there was shady areas to run so it wasn't bad. Got in 8.04 K this morning, for 1142.5 K YTD.

I looked at my shoes and definitely ready for replacement. They say 700 K to 800 K for a pair of shoes. What about close to 1200 K for a pair of shoes -- totally embarassed. It's the same brand and version -- Brooks Adrenaline GTS 7 so I hope it'll all come together for me on Saturday evening, and I didn't make a big mistake not to let the shoes settle into running. Time will tell...

No comments: