Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Monday, August 30, 2010

30:1 (X6) -- Hot, sunny...

Set the alarm to get out of bed at 6:15 AM so can be out of the house by 7 AM for the LSD this morning. In theory, there's a plan. In practice, that's another story :-| Out the door at 8:45 AM and the sun was shiny. Made the executive decision to run south on Cherry Street and make my way east to Ashbridges Bay. I wore my cap so it would help -- just haven't worn any sunscreen this summer -- must get into the habit... Wish I could implement my plan as it was tough out there in the sun. There were lots of runners on the Martin Goodman Trail this morning as well as bicyclists. Today = 24.84 K; YTD = 1219.26 K. (Basically averaging 150 K a month, on pace for 1800 K for the year -- short of my goal of 2010 K).

A thought...after the Toronto Marathon, I might resort to running 5.00 K and then taking a minute break. In my training, I run on average 4 K in 30 minutes.

Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront half marathon in a few weeks!!

No comments: