Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Friday, August 20, 2010

Midsummer Night's 30 K Bib Pick Up

Arrived shortly after 4 PM to the Delta Chelsa Hotel (Gerrard & Yonge) for bib pickup; same location as last year. Basically it was in and out within 5 minutes. The bibs & time chip pickup were located in the lobby and the shirt was located inside a conference room. I was happy to see a former student from summer school volunteering at the bib station.

Received a 60 K mortal pin. I asked about the 45 K mortal pin but they didn't have any. The numerous e-mails about this pin... I also checked the envelope and not in there either :-(

No tech shirt this year. I was pleasantly shocked with the New Balance Hoodie given out this year; especially at a time when race registration fees have gone up. I signed up for the 30 K race for $49. I avoided the on-line processing fee by mailing in my registration. It's always nice to get something different with registration.



==============
Never did download the photos of Bud wearing the finisher's medal from the 10-miler race last month. Here are 2 photos:

No comments: