Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Week In Review & reached 1000 K this year

Tuesday, July 20 -- run before work -- went to a park with running path and pond. Unfortunately, didn't know my bearings when I exited the park and had to run for 1.5 K before I reached my car. Very nice and scenic -- just don't want to do this again before work! 5.54 K

Wednesday, July 21 -- Signed up for the Running Room 20 minute challenge and wanted to get the red hat (won a blue version of it on the Running Room wheel at an expo a couple of years ago). I thought the run happened at 6:30 PM (I arrived at 6:40 PM); fortunately, they still had hats. I didn't do the route they had. Instead, I ran to the store and back to my car which was parked at the Loblaws. Got in 20 minutes though :-) 2.93 K

Sunday, July 25 -- LSD -- The best part of the run was the clouds which blocked the sun. Got in 32 K by running north on Yonge Street until Steeles (6700 Yonge Street) and then south on Yonge Street back to the downtown. Hoggs Hollow was tough as it was in my 2nd half of the run. Might as well do some training on the Toronto Marathon route. It was 22C and with humidity in the high 20s I think. The sun did come out near the end of the run. I didn't want to go east because of the sun. My disappointment of beginning the run at 7:30 AM turned out okay. Glad I was able to do the 32 K as the Midsummer Night's 30 K is in 3 weeks!

The great news is I surpassed the 1000 K mark! I hoped to have reached it by July 1 but with the calf strain, that didn't allow me to reach that goal. So, I'm 3.5 weeks late. Happy (and relieved) the calf strain is now healed.

YTD = 1009.49 K

2 comments:

Boris T said...

Congrats on the 1000k for the year!

Louis Lim said...

Thanks, Boris. My left calf strain is now gone. How's your calf strain?