Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Resolution Run + LSD


Took Bud on his morning walk and nearly tripped on black ice. Wow -- it was slippery. Must have been from the rain last night and then the temperature decreased.

Left the house at 8 AM and did my LSD to the Queen Elizabeth Building at the CNE. Got in 8.27 K. By the time I was near the start line, I heard the countdown so had to rush. "Snuck" into the starting line and then I was off. With the usual crowds at the start, there were 3 thick "poles" that surprised me and many racers -- hopefully nobody banged into it. The route was twice around the CNE. According to http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3374980, the route is 2.3856 K so twice around does not equate to 5 K :-( My Garmin recorded 4.49 K, with a time of 22:36, or 5.02 min/K. I always find 5 K and 10 K particularly difficult since one starts fast right from the start -- i.e., there is no conserving until the end. Perhaps I should sign up for a 5 K certified race in 2010 so I can PB around 25:00.

Although it would be nice to have run 5 K, it is a fun run. I ate 3 bananas as post-race and there was bottled water, no gatorade. I do prefer the "old" route in the Distillery District. Overall, no regrets signing up for this race since I have a Resolution Jacket and this is a wonderful opportunity to bring closure to 2009 and look ahead to 2010.

Registration cost $49.00 (includes $4.00 process fee). Different material in the jacket this year. It's nice to have a collection of jackets so I don't have to purchase them :-)




I continued my LSD (slowly) for 5.47 K back home. The run at race pace really helped clear the mind!

Total = 18.24 K
YTD = 1693.09 K

No comments: