Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, December 6, 2009

1000 Miles Reached!!!

I did it!!! I reached the 1000 Miles goal this morning. Great feeling to have met my goal for this year. There is still 3.5 weeks to go so I hope I can get the mileage up to 1700 km for this wonderful running year. I'll be posting a reflection of the year near the end of December. My immediate goal is to PB for the 5 K distance at the Resolution Run.

Today = 17.08 K
TYD = 1609.99 K

The celebration was "disrupted" as I had my semi-annual dentist checkup. A couple of years ago, I had to get a wisdom tooth removed since there was a cavity on the tooth nearby (this is a good tooth). Part of the filling was missing today so the dentist had to re-fill it -- with a nerve very, very close-by. If the nerve was disturbed, automatic root canal. I don't like the sound of a root canal. Good thing the filling went well and there is no post-pain. Knock on wood...

2 comments:

Tiffa said...

Congrats on this amazing mile stone! Where have you been for the past week? I miss your blog updates. (Sunshine)

Louis Lim said...

Thanks, Tiffa!

Great to see someone reading my blog. The blog has kept me motivated with running and am thrilled you read it regularly.