Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Post ATB 30 K LSD = 10:1 (x17)

Been taking it easy this week having run the ATB 30 K as best as I could. Only 2 runs this week but I'm being conservative to avoid injury, with the Mississauga Marathon next month (wow -- time has cropped up so quickly).

I ran through downtown Toronto, making my way to the Lakeshore running path -- near the Midsummer Night's Run location on Lakeshore Blvd East and Leslie Street. I recall having to turn around a few months ago because of the ice. With the beautiful weather (sunny and cool), I opted to continue running east (since I had an LSD to run). Wow! Went through the Woodbine Beach and Eastern Ravine & Beasches Discovery Walk. I then made my way west and went through Ashbridge's Bay Park -- breath-taking scenery! Tonnes of runners and walkers -- makes me wonder why I never ran this before. I knew the Martin Goodman Trail continued here. This is nothing compared to running to and from the Humber River Bridge! I tried to stay on the paved trails (rather than run on the wooden trail. I took photos with my cell phone - now to figure how to download them to my computer...

So, I got in 23.70 K this morning just over 3 hours. I ran a bit faster after the 14 K mark since I knew I wasn't going to be doing an LSD lasting close to 5 hours. Still have light-headedness (probably my cold from post-ATB race still not completely gone yet). YTD = 500.40 K :-)