Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, April 19, 2009

LSD 10:1 (x30)

3 weeks until the Mississauga Marathon! I think I'm all set :-) Now to taper until graduation day!!

Got in 5 hours 30 minutes "out there" this morning -- 37.82 K (longest LSD). I had hoped to follow Jeff Galloway's plan to LSD 42.2 K but I've run out of time -- being short 4.5 K is not bad and I'm looking at this optimistically as I'm aiming for 4 hours 30 minutes on marathon day -- so the extra hour "out there" this morning will help mentally, I hope. Sunny, cool and beautiful lake Ontario view along the Martin Goodman Trail. While running east of the Humber River Bridge, the wind made a tremendous presence. In a nutshell, I did what I've always envisioned one day of doing on the Martin Goodman Trail:

- run west on Coronation Park
- run past Ontario Place
- run past Marilyn Bell Park
- run through Sunnyside Beach
- uphill to Humber River Bridge
- run until the "loop" at Humber Bay Park West
- run east ....... through all the above and then Harbourfront Park
- run until Parliament on the Queen's Quay then south on Cherry Street (through 2 bridges)
- run past Cherry Beach through the wooded paths until the construction begins (there's a bridge that's being worked on)
- then back home

Forgot (!) to bring gel :-( Stopped off at the Shopper's Drug Mart at Spadina and Queen's Quay and bought Gatorade. Their gel had expired by a month so I didn't buy it. I don't know what "hitting the wall" feels like and will keep eating carbs on race day.

This week = 51.11 K
YTD = 599.45 K