Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, April 26, 2009

2 runs this week --- Thursday and Sunday

Been a busy week at work (with working on timetabling for next year, etc.). That's a major reason I opted for 2 runs (rather than 3 runs this week). Also needed the extra rest after last week's loooong LSD -- I must remind myself that is the real reason ;-)

Thursday -- got in 6.56 K using 10:1 (x5). I FORGOT (!) that I had a vet appointment for my dog so I rescheduled yesterday morning. It was even in my calendar :-|

Today -- got in 26.27 K using 10:1 (x20). Was a bit worried about the LSD this morning due to yesterday evening's rain, wind, lightning. Opted not to run on the Martin Goodman Trail heading west to the Humber River Bridge due to the possibility of it raining again this morning and I need better shelter than standing under a tree. So, I ran on Queen Street east all the way to the Woodbine Beach and Kew Beach. Fortunately, the showers stopped -- it was only showers fortunately.

The Sporting Life 10 K is next Sunday. Got an e-mail update that a one-use time chip will be used (like the ATB 30 K). I will need to tie it securely to my shoe (have to figure this out though) the day before the race. This is a good idea to deal with the congession at the finish line as sooooo many people wait for the chip to be removed by the volunteer -- even though there say 15 volunteers lined up to remove the chip, only the first 5 volunteers see business. Must remind myself (I am forgetful) to go to Sporting Life to pick up the bib and time chip after work and then head off to the vet for a 6:00 pm appointment. Hope I don't arrive late! Or, I could pick up on Thursday after work.

Just went to the Sporting Life race web site and retrieved photos of the finisher's medal and tech shirt: