Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Beautiful autumn day for a run! A bit chilly but nothing that a jacket and tech shirt couldn't take of. I also wore my windbreaker pants I bought from the Toronto Marathon expo, a toque, and mittens. I opted not to run on the Martin Goodman Trail since it might be too cold for my liking. Instead, I ran on Toronto Streets and happened to come to the Don Valley trail (and got in 6 K there). Since I'm in "recovery" mode, I chose for a slow run. Got in 16.85 K using 10:1 (x12). I have no issue with waking up late these days (since there's the advantage of a bit warmer weather). Nice turnout of runners, walkers, and cyclists on the Don Valley trails.

Today is the Angus Glen half marathon and the Road2Hope marathon. I did both these races last year as a walker. I didn't go either of them this year and want to run the half marathon in the Angus Glen next November -- the post food meal is amazing.

YTD = 1091.61 K

Hope to continue Wednesday and Thursday after work runs. The mornings are too cold...