Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, November 16, 2008

10:1 (x15)

Began the LSD late this morning since my alarm clock didn't ring at 7:00 am. Got out at 8:30 am to sunny and cool weather (-2C) -- anything but rain! Wore my tech shirt, RR jacket, windbreaker track pants, mittens, and toque. I didn't want to go on the Lower Don Valley trail due to the rain from yesterday. So, I ran east on Queen Street until east of Kingston Road and then back home. An enjoyable and slow run as I continue to slowly "up" the mileage. Got in 21.01 K during the 2 hours 45 minutes -- almost a half marathon distance! It seems daunting to do another 21 K in order to get to the full marathon distance but slowly does it ... as I see May 2009 in the future.

PS: Got reimbursed for $50.00 for running the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront half marathon for raising funds over $150.00 :-)