Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Run #2

Just returned from a 2.7K run (it was more of a shuffle, but I did run!) using 3:1 (repeat x5) for a total of 20 minutes this afternoon. Last week it was 2:1 and I want to slowly build the endurance. Very nice outside in Toronto -- sunny and the ice is melting (got freezing rain 3 days ago and there were over 700 accidents on the highway). I ran on big streets since the sidewalks were dry. I would have preferred to run on the Martin Goodman Trail along the waterfront but didn't want to contend with the cooler weather there and wasn't sure if the ice has melted. I read on the Running Room discussion forum that some runners fell in the Whitby race this morning due to the icy conditions. Ouch...that would make me mad. I did nearly take a tumble last spring at the Tim Horton's Chilly half marathon race when I went to pick up my registration package. Fortunately it was a near fall. Ice is just so unforgiving.

I'm slowing getting the endurance up to 5K hopefully in time for the Resolution Run at the end of December (the date is creeping up rapidly). I can't wait to get my RR jacket -- definitely something I could use! Eventually, I'll get the endurance back to 15K using the 10:1 -- I remember the beginning of the runs were a bit hard but once I got into the groove, I could go on and on... My goal of running a half marathon in Mississauga in May seems so daunting...slowly does it is my motto these days.