Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Yucky Weather

Woke up to freezing rain in Toronto this morning. Took the pup on his early morning walk and had to becareful and had to remind Bud not to walk too fast. He's 8 months old today! After work, I took him for a walk and he saw snow for the first time!

Should have run after work on Tuesday. I opted not to run since I had run for the first time on Sunday and wanted to be conservative. Yesterday, it rained (when I wanted to run). I didn't want to run in rain and cold. I remember the only time I ran in rain -- it was days before the Nissan 10 miler in mid-July and that's when I heard some "cracking" in my left knee. Then, I couldn't go up stairs without pain for the next week :-(

Speaking of the left knee, I got word that my custom orthodics have arrived this morning. I have an appointment with the sports medicine doctor for Wednesday, December 5th when he will fit the orthodics into my running shoes. Should I bring a camera? Good news that the $450 custom orthodics will be paid in full by my work insurance (minus a $25 deductible) :-) If only my work insurance would cover my vet bills ;-)

Looking forward to my 2nd run this Sunday. I will probably make it 2:1 (repeat X5) again. I took the public transit to work today and read a chapter of John Stanton's Running: Start to Finish. I read it in the spring and it's always great to re-read it.
Oh...put in an on-line order with Chapters for a few books. Had to get the order to $39.00 for free shipping in addition to a $5 off coupon (also got a little book on Chicken Soup for the Soul for Dog Lover's Soul). The good news is any book can be returned to a Chapters store within a month for a full refund -- thus, no risk if the book is not what is expected.

Running and Philosophy http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Running-Philosophy-Marathon-Mind-Michael-Austin/9781405167970-item.html?ref=Search+Books%3a+%2527running+and+philosophy%2527

Quotable Runner http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/The-Quotable-Runner-Mark-Will-Weber/9781891369261-item.html?ref=Search+Books%3a+%2527quotable+runner%2527

Marathon : You Can Do It http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/Marathon-You-Can-Do-It-Jeff-Galloway/9780936070254-item.html?ref=Search+Books%3a+%2527marathon+you+can+do+it%2527