Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Monday, November 12, 2007

Orthodics

Had to rush after work to the sports medicine clinic for my much anticipated appointment for custom-made orthodics. Dr. Chris Woollam, who is the medical director at the Toronto Marathon and Mississauga Marathon, was very approachable as he made imprints of my feet using a foam box -- it only took a couple of minutes. $450 for the orthodics and they will be ready in 2 weeks. He said the foam box is kept for 1.5 years just in case the patient wants another pair -- which costs $250. I'm not really sure how much my work insurance covers, though. It amazes me that the orthodics will correct my overpronation. The doctor said within 6 months there should be no more sensations. He also gave me another strengthening exercise. With gradual increase in endurance I do hope I can fulfill my goal of running half a marathon in 2008.