Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday 22.50 K

Just before leaving the house slightly after 8 AM, my Garmin says "Low Battery". I take 45 minutes recharging it (gives me time to make a "to do list" for the weekend). Run on the Martin Goodman Trail (opted for today rather than tomorrow since it's supposed to rain tomorrow morning). Today's forcast is sun and clouds 25C. Fortunately, there was a cool breeze so no humidity. But the sun made it muggy out there. Kept my eye on the Garmin since I didn't want to lose the tracking of distance and the 30 minute intervals. When I first saw the "low battery" message, almost at the Humber River Bridge, I was going to turn back and continue the run tomorrow - good thing I didn't as my entire 22.5 K run lasted :-) The 4rd interval happened at 10:20 AM so the 5th interval would be 10:50 AM, the 6th interval at 11:20 PM. The original plan of 6 intervals was reduced to 22.50 K (3 K short). That's okay. It was hot out there! YTD = 747.42 K. Left calf behaved :-)

No comments: