Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, June 12, 2010

LSD 30:1 (x6) + MIssissauga Marathon 1/2 registration fee!

Did my LSD this morning 30:1 (x6). Listened to the radio when I woke up and was worried of rain. It was overcast and the rain was north of Toronto so I walked and fed the dog and off I went. I prefer overcast conditions as the sun takes it toll. While on the Martin Goodman Trail, saw many bikers making the trek west to Niagara Falls for a charity bike run (200 K). Enjoyable run. The final 2 intervals I didn't look at my watch. Ate an egg mcmuffin afterwards -- just made the 11 AM changeover.

YTD = 780.16 K

During the afternoon took Bud to Woofstock. He met many dogs. There was a beginner's obstacle course and he did a good job -- just didn't go through the tunnel. Not show dog material but I already knew that!

On the Running Room web forum, someone posted the Mississauga Marathon registration is 1/2 price until June 30th. A dilemma...love the 1/2 route but the 2nd half is challenging -- the hills, the turns. Even saving $35 may not be enough to convince me to forgo the SPRING Toronto Marathon. I'll give this thought...

No comments: