Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, July 12, 2009

LSD 15:1 (x10) + Pouring Rain!

LSD Saturday morning -- 15:1 (x10) through the Lower Don River Recreational Trail. Not many runners and bicyclists this weekend (when compared to last). Run started with cloudy weather and half way through heard thunder and then very light rain. That turned into pouring rain with 45 minutes to go. I was running faster and was running into puddles -- the shoes were soaking wet. I wore sunglasses and it was hard to see, not to mention the rain on the glasses. I was not happy to be in the trail surrounded by trees with the thunder. Fortunately, I was able to get back to the streets at Queen Street -- eventually the rain became light again. I went into the Eaton Centre to dry myself off with the handdryer. It felt good running in light rain, but pouring rain was not an experience I enjoyed :-| Today = 21.03 K; YTD = 888.66 K.

Can't believe next Sunday is the 10 Miler race at the Distillery District. The finisher's medal is now posted on-line: