Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Visit to Sports Medicine Doctor

On Thursday this past week, I visited a Sports Medicine doctor. I was hoping to go back to Athlete's Care but appointments after work had a long wait. I checked the Internet for other doctors and found a few -- one needed a referral from a family doctor. Fortunately, I got an appointment from the Toronto Centre for Sports Medicine and Preventative Health Ltd. on Yonge and Eglinton.



Unfortunately, I arrived late for my 4:30 pm appointment and had to wait 45 minutes for an opening (can't complain). The doctor said my feet were a bit stiff but couldn't see much difference between the left and right feet. I asked if the Yak Trak Pro could be the issue and he said it could. He saw me run on the treadmill (first time ever on it and felt dizzy when I got off) and noticed that the left leg doesn't run properly -- the custom orthodics have helped with correcting the movement. He couldn't find anything wrong and suggested I make a physio appointment. I have it on Thursday after work and will see what he says. Perhaps he can also have a look at the left leg to help strengthen the runner's knee condition I got a couple of years ago. The sports medicine doctor was surprised that I didn't get physio for the left knee when I got the orthodics.

I parked on the street with 1 free hour of parking. I "squeezed" in to make the area where the parking is free. When I got back to my car, there was a $40 parking ticket waiting for me. About 1/5 of the car was not in the free parking region -- I will fight this ticket as it's not right.