Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, February 21, 2009

LSD 10:1 (x26)

LSD on Saturday morning (since 10 cm of snow coming tonight). Thrilled to see the sidewalks dry. No wind although temperature a bit below freezing. Ran on Bloor/Danforth. No issues with the right foot or the left knee :-) Tried the banana-strawberry gel and it was delicious! I also at a Carrot Cake Cliff bar -- they are on sale at 12 in a box for $9.99 -- wow! Had to go to the Shopper's Drug Mart to buy a 700 mL Gatorade as my 1/2 L ran out. Longest run ever -- 33.78 K [out there for 4H 46 min]. YTD = 260.67 K.

I remembered to do 1 of the 2 exercises to strengthen the left quad yesterday. Need to try the exercise where I am against a wall with a towel -- tried getting a ball at Dollarama yesterday but they didn't have any [Dollarama now prices items $1.25, $1.50, $2.00 as everything used to be $1.00].

Next Sunday is the Chilly half marathon.

End of next month is the 30 K Around the Bay. I checked my Garmin -- in my LSD, it took me 4H 09 min for 30 K. I should be able to run the 30 K under 4 hours :-)

Rest until Tuesday!