Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, January 17, 2009

LSD Saturday -- 10:1 (x20)

My usual Sunday LSD tomorrow would be challenging with 5-10 cm snow coming tonight, so I opted for a Saturday LSD (had to change my dog's vet appointment to make way). The sidewalks and roads are mostly clear of snow, although some were frozen with ice. I conservatively opted to wear the YakTrax Pro but should have left them at home. It's cold outside -- something like -10C but feels like -17C?? I wore my new winter pants I bought from the RR back in the fall -- felt comfy and "uncold". I went my usual route along Bloor and Danforth and back. I took along Sharkies and a PowerGel -- no problems :-) This is important, especially during the marathon to get to the finish line. Also, no issues with the left knee -- going very slowly is important as I continue to build up the mileage in preparation for the half marathon Chilly; 30 K Around the Bay; and the 42.2. K in Mississauga. Got in 24.32 K this morning (my only run this week). Hope for weekday runs on Wednesday and Thursday and then on Sunday for LSD.

YTD = 75.09 K