Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, January 11, 2009

LSD 10:1 (x16) = 21.55 K

Snowed last night. After creating the daily posting on the Running Room forum for today, I changed my mind from 10:1 (x5) to 10:1 (x10) and would up that if I felt okay to do it. Unlike the residential streets which still had snow, the big streets and sidewalks were practically cleared of snow -- yeah! It's been 3 weeks since doing an LSD so I wanted to monitor the left knee. Fortunately, no issues! I took my usual LSD route along Bloor/Danforth. It was more difficult than usual (due to snow places which I had to run on a light layering of snow or slush. Arrived home with shoes that need to be dried. Overall, a rewarding run!! Today's mileage = 21.55 K (wow -- a half marathon!!) for a YTD = 50.77 K. I'm now on a role and need to keep upping the mileage (but conservatively), using Jeff Galloway's advice.