Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, January 25, 2009

LSD 10:1 (x21)

LSD this morning in -14C and sunny weather. It didn't feel cold, though, while running. Sidewalks were dry and the YakTrax Pro stayed home. Went back to the Queen Street route to change the scenery. Quite a few runners and power walkers out there, in addition to people walking their dogs (lots of labs!). In my 16th interval, my Garmin lost its satellite and I had to restart the Garmin. I brought along Sharkies and a Powerade Gel; should have brought along a protein bar as well (forgot that). Only 1 instance of the left knee feeling the runner's knee "sensations" -- need to remember to stretch the leg. Surprisingly, the right foot continued to experience some light pain -- is this shin splint?? Never had this before. I'll need to monitor this.

Today's run = 26.94 K
YTD = 114.69 K