Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

10:1 (x7)

While driving home from work, I was shocked to learn of another (!) snow storm. It's supposed to start at midnight, with rain, thunderstorm, then changing to freezing rain, ice pellets, then to snow -- 10 cm. Aargh!!! Since the snow basically melted due to the above freezing temperature today and yesterday, I had to do my run today while the sidewalks were cleared of snow. Again, I avoided the Martin Goodman Trail since the path would probably be icy. I miss running there and can't wait until the spring arrives so I can run to the Humber Bridge which gives a spectacular scenery.

I'm actually pleased I ran this evening since I missed the weekend run. I ran slower today, completing 10.08K -- I can power walk faster (!). The first 10 minutes of running is always the toughest and then I eventually get into a groove. I took a different route in the downtown and enjoyed it very much. Great to see a few fellow runners out there this evening as well.

I have no idea when my next run will be. Hopefully the snow will melt quickly again.

The March issue of Runner's World arrived in the mail :-)