Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Thursday, February 14, 2008

10:1 (x5.5?)

It's been a snowy winter -- the radio is saying we've gotten more snow in Toronto this winter than the last 2 years combined! We got 30 cm snow last Thursday and Saturday. Got more snow 2 days ago (took 2 hours to get home (!)). 2 cm more snow tomorrow. And then 20 cm next Sunday. So, when I saw the dry (yeah!) roads coming home on the major streets, I abruptly made the decision to run tonight (or who knows when).

I ran slightly over a hour using 10:1. Unfortunately, my Garmin ran out of battery. I thought it was charged. I wonder if the battery dies down gradually if not used (last time I used it was 9 days ago). So, I got data for more than 1/2 the run. I would say I got in 10:1 (repeated 5 or 6 times) ... I'll say I got in 7K tonight. Really tricky to be running tonight as I had to run over slush. Fortunately, I got the run in without injury :-) Can't wait until the spring arrives -- it's going to be a fun training. I did have a dream about not being ready for the half marathon run in Mississauga. During my dream, I came to the conclusion that I would run as much as I could and then walk the rest. I hope that's not what's going to happen as there's a bit less than 3 months to go.

I got word that a cheque for $65 is in the mail to reimburse me for the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront marathon from last fall as I had raised over $150 with the Children's Aid Foundation.