Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, February 23, 2008

10:1 (x3) -- Thursday, February 21

After work on Thursday (no time to include this in my blog until now!), I did 10:1 (x3) since I heard there would be a snow storm coming on Friday morning and the drive to work on Friday would be awful. Fortunately, the storm never transpired as it ended up south of Toronto. The run was slow today since I was running over ice (had to be very careful!) on the sidewalks. I just wanted to get in a run so I won't be rusty for my LSD tomorrow morning -- I'll be running near home on the sidewalks and, like last week, there should be few people out. The weekend looks nice (i.e., no snow) but I believe Tuesday we're supposed to get ANOTHER 10 cm of snow. One word... Aaargh!!

Off topic...I saw the following Mother Goose and Grimm comic strip in the newspaper. I didn't find it funny (don't find many of the comics in the daily newspaper funny) but after a day, it is kind of cool. I even shared this with my grade 12 students. I guess the lesson to be learned is never say "bite me" to any dog ;-)