Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Thursday 5.15 K; Saturday 25.75 K

Thursday -- was able to leave work 30 minutes earlier than usual -- unfortunately, it was raining when I got to my car. Fortunately, the rain stopped as I travelled south on Yonge Street. Got in 5.15 K :-) The run clears my stressed mind!

Saturday -- definitely fall weather has arrived: 10C and windy. Got in 25.75 K and finished the run 15 minutes faster than usual: 6 min 42 sec on average per K. Saw the fall colours west of the Humber River bridge! Wore my jacket and long pants for the run. Could have went further but opted to focus on running a bit faster for the run.

2 weeks until the marathon. All the half-marathon spots were sold out a week ago and 200 spots remain in the marathon -- can't believe they're almost all sold out. My hero, Fauja Singh, will be running the full marathon at age 100. Truly remarkable. Hope to get my photo taken with him at the expo.

YTD = 1249.1 K

1 comment:

Danny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.