Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Friday, March 18, 2011

Injured...March Break

What was I thinking last Monday running 32 K??? Yesterday, visited the sports medicine doctor who prescribed me Pennsaid 1.5% Diclofenac Sod 1.5% 60 mL. Very fortunate to get a same-day appointment as he reported nothing fractured -- tibialis anterior tendinopathy

Ran 1.05 K with Bud. Everything went well :-) Need to be conservative...but the 30 K ATB is just over a week's away.

Interesting...have been training for full marathons for 3 years now...and 3 spring visits to the sports medicine doctor. The fall training goes well.

4 comments:

Tiffa said...

Sending you recovery vibes!

Louis Lim said...

Thanks, Tiffa! Not 100% yet but was able to get in 20 K (had to stretch the foot at the 13 K). I think I can run the ATB 30 K next Sunday. Knock on wood...

Boris T said...

Ouch that's a bummer, heal fast! I wish you all the best with the ATB, I won't be able to run it this year.

Louis Lim said...

Hi Boris;

I told the sports medicine doctor I've been training for marathons for 3 years now and have made a visit each spring to see him. I just need to think with my head.

I read on the forum you're running the full at the Toronto Marathon. Can't get finisher's medals any larger!