Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, March 20, 2011

20 K LSD :-)

After the 1.05 K run with Bud on Friday, I wanted to take the doctor's advice and give it a shot this weekend at 1/2 what I did last Monday. I've been applying the drops to my foot and do notice its positive effect as when I walk, I don't feel any pain or tenderness.

Wore my new orthodics for the LSD today -- forgot to change -- fortunately, no issues. I would have "blamed" the injury on the new orthodics this past week but I was wearing the old orthodics.

Got in 20 K without much difficulty. I kept "worrying" about the left foot and the pain came at 13 K. I stretched the foot frontwards, backwards, and sideways and that helped. Thrilled I was able to run 20 K -- next Sunday's Around the Bay 30 K run seems like a reality. I will continue to apply the droplets 3X a day, do a 30 minute run on Wednesday, and that should set me up for next Sunday's 30 K race.

Afterwards, took Bud to the local PetValu and got him his birthday present. I bought some dog biscuits but it's the Large Marrow made out of cow that he really wanted -- he was licking it at the petstore so I got him one. That will keep him busy for hours.

No comments: