Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sporting Life 10 K Bib Pick-Up

After work on Thursday, I made the trek to the Sporting Life to pick up tech shirt, bib, and time chip. I was impressed with the police officer hired by the Sporting Life as traffic was jammed with the single lanes due to construction. The police officer stopped the traffic to allow me to turn into the parking lot. Life past years, the organization was great and the line moved rapidly. Didn't use the 10% coupon.




There was a clearance shoe sale at the Sporting Life. I saw a pair of Brooks Adrenaline GTS9 but it was size 8 (I need size 10). It was priced at $84.99, I believe. In the store, the GTS was priced at $109.99 but with a 10% off coupon, it was tempting. I opted to wait. On the Running Room web site, the shoes are on clearance for $89.99 https://www.shop.runningroom.com/product_info.php?cPath=242_594_243_247&products_id=4247&languages_id=1 (no coupons allowed).

Leaving the Sporting Life was easy as the police officer directed traffic to allow me to head south (that would have been a very difficult turn). Got in my 25:1 (x2) run, for 7.34 K. YTD = 572.32 K. Continue to stretch the left calf.

2 more weeks until the Mississauga Marathon! Race report tomorrow. Just hope the rain stays away. Cloudy is great!

2 comments:

Boris T said...

I didn't notice the cop, possibly because I walked there. I did use the 10% coupon, I usually do every year. Got some new light weight Asics Noosa's funky!

Good luck tomorrow, I'll see you there.

Double Bellybuster said...

Did you really delete my message that suggested you check out the Adrenaline 9s for $52 at Holabird versus double the price at the Running Room?