Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Calf Strain Injury

Saw the Phyiotherapist after work and he diagnosed me with Calf Strain -- from the 30 K ATB run. He stretched it and gave me 2 exercises to do twice a day. I have appointments next week Tuesday and Thursday for more stretching. He told me to take the weekend off and then run next week after I see him. Mississauga Marathon is still in order -- just I wonder if the 4:00 mark will be feasible :-| At least it's not a stress fracture.

2 comments:

Boris T said...

Ouch sorry to hear about your injury. I am currently also getting over the same issue, Level 1 strain.

Louis Lim said...

Hi Boris;

Originally, I thought it was runner's knee coming back. Never heard of Calf Strain. I think I figured out how I got it...when I ran the 30 K ATB, when entering Copps Collesium, I nearly tripped. I did a 6 K run this morning and no issues. Although that's great, 28 days until the Mississauga Marathon :-|

Any idea how you got the strain?