Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Monday, June 8, 2009

Movie; Novel

Last week, I watched Saint Ralph. It's a movie about a boy who trains to run the Boston Marathon, believing in a maracle that it'll get his mother out of a coma. Not believeable for a 14 year old boy to go from having difficulty running a mile to winning the 30 K Around The Bay. Regardless, a good movie worthy of a place in my Running library!


My copy of Once a Runner, by John Parker Jr. has arrived! I'm looking forward to bedtime reading. I've heard so much (from the Runner's World) about this used-to-be out of print book.


In the current July 2009 issue of the Runner's World, there's an ad for their new book, Runner's Body: How the Latest Exercise Science Can Help You Run Stronger; Longer; and Faster by Ross Tucker and Jonathan Dugas. On my books to buy!

Table of contents accessible at http://www.amazon.com/Runners-World-Body-Exercise-Stronger/dp/1605298611#reader