Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, June 13, 2009

LSD 15:1 (x7) + Woofstock

LSD this late morning (as I woke up late). It was humid out there but thankfully the clouds helped. I ran on a portion of the Martin Goodman Trail (good to be back!). I'm upping the mileage by 10% per week and the running felt good. Always good to get oxygen to the brain. Today = 14.76 K. YTD = 767.23 K. Hoping to reach half of 1609 K (i.e., 1000 miles) by June 30th but won't push it. Slowly getting back after full marathon recovery.

Afterwards, I took Bud to Woofstock. I know Bud loves to meet other dogs so where else is more appropriate. Woofstock takes place on a June weekend each year in Toronto and has lots of vendors selling dog stuff. 2 years ago, I bought a Chow Chow pillow. This year, I bought 2 Milk Bone packs for $2.00 donation. Hundreds of dogs! Bud was thrilled to see so many dogs at the beginning and then became selective who he greeted (by sniffing the other dog's nose). We had to rest for about 10 minutes before embarking home. The 500 mL bottled water I took along wasn't enough so I had to stop by a 7-11 and buy another bottled water ($1.29+tax but super needed).