Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Friday, May 8, 2009

Bib Pick-Up

Left work and made the trek to the bib pick-up location in rush-hour traffic. Not bad as I took me "only" 1.5 hours (come to think of it, that's quite long). Made it to the bib pick-up at 5:15 pm. Had to find a parking spot and then was pleased there was no line-up for: (i) bib pick-up [happy that one volunteer searched for my envelope with time chip and bib and other checked my name on the envelope carefully; (ii) tech shirt [got a medium but think it might be a bit small]; (iii) chip activation [thrilled it's not the cheap 1-time use -- just got to make sure it gets returned this time so I don't get nasty e-mails like 2 years ago]. Once entering the booths, I got a $5 Subways gift card -- very nice!

With money in my wallet, I was disappointed with the small expo -- I recall it being bigger in the past 2 years? I spun the Running Room wheel 3 times and got 10% each time -- there was no 35% off coupon nor was there an instant win. I want to get running shorts with pockets. I did buy 5 gels for $1.79 each -- I didn't realize the coupon doesn't work for gels :-(

I spent 45 minutes in the expo and left at 6:00 pm. I walked the expo 4 times and saw everything, just nothing useful for me. I did sample some stuff but they weren't tasty. The Toronto Marathon had a booth and displayed their finisher's medal for their upcoming October race. Their marathon medal is HUGE -- never seen anything that big or heavy. Their half marathon medal looked better last year.




All set for Sunday!