Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, May 16, 2009

1st run after marathon not good :-(

As my next goal is to run the full marathon in late September at the Scotiabank Waterfront race, I'm hoping to train using 15:1 intervals. Yesterday, I did 15:1 (x3) and it did not go well. Got in 5.12 K for YTD = 710.53 K. The right leg was not happy as I think I have shin splint or ITB. It's hard to pinpoint -- all I know is it's tough to walk the dog now after walking 15 minutes. I'm going to make an appointment to see a sports medicine doctor. Maybe get recommend for physio?

Still have a wonderful feeling from running the marathon last Sunday :-) I ordered an 8x10 photo from zoomphoto.ca. I got it with logo and time for $4 extra. I don't mind paying for this as it'll keep the memories alive for many years. I will also frame my bib number. I'm waiting for the certificate to be obainable on the Mississauga marathon web site.

I've watched Spirit of the Marathon the night of my marathon. A wonderful video which should have been watched before my marathon (and not after). I'm going to watch it again soon and record some quotes. I love "when you cross the finish line it will change your life forever".

I've signed up for the half marathon at the Toronto marathon race. It's 3 weeks after the Scotiabank and hope I'll be okay to run it -- maybe I shouldn't have signed up until the end of the month.

I had my full marathon tech shirt hung in my room -- had to take it down after Bud kept barking at it angrily :-|