Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

10:1 (x4)

Week #2 in the new school year. I chose to wake up 30 minutes earlier than usual for my morning run. Ran in the school "neighbourhood" and located a park trail :-) Unfortunately, part of it had a huge puddle so I turned around. I think I'm going to enjoy this! Got in 5.88 K this morning. Look forward to another run tomorrow morning. YTD = 867.56 K

Continue to slowly run with Bud after work for about 5 minutes. Should I add this to my YTD totals? So far, I haven't.

I e-mailed the organizers of the Toronto Marathon and they are allowing me to register for the half marathon at a $15 discount -- i.e., $65 (the earlybird fee). This is due to the busing situation last year. I registered a while back for the Ajax half marathon and might forfeit the $45 I paid for registration (I think it was $45) and go with the Toronto Marathon. I enjoy this race, eventhough the wonderful medal looks like last year's. The full marathon certainly looks amazing (but I can't do that distance at this time).