Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, September 14, 2008

10:1 (x10) Tappering; Runs with Bud

Forunately, no rain this morning -- the radio has announced about 50 mm of rain from the USA hurricane (which hasn't arrived as I write at 2:20 pm). Humid this morning but with a bit of wind along certain parts of the Martin Goodman Trail (e.g., near Ontario Place). Glad I wasn't doing 14 intervals of 10:1 as the 10 intervals was tough. Forgot to bring along music. The sun made an appearance during the final 4 intervals. Lots of folks on the trail this morning. Total = 15.68 K. YTD = 899.16 K

During the past week, I have been taking Bud, my 1.5 years old Chow Chow, on slow runs with me after work. In the summer, he got 5 walks. Now that I'm back teaching, I'm only able to get him a morning, after work, and evening walk. Since he has built up so much energy, I've taken him each day on a 10 minute slow run, amount to 1.5 K each day. Sure is a great way to make him tired. And the breeder told me that Chow Chows don't like much exercise. Mine's different and I'm not complaining :-) I've added 10.5 K to my YTD, which is now YTD = 899.66 K.

Two weeks until the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon. Can't believe it's just around the corner. Am going to fill out the Toronto Half Marathon registration to send in tomorrow. I'll "donate" the registration fee for the Ajax run as I won't run it. Maybe I could use this as a "fun" run since I've already paid?

I've found a routine that seems to work for me...Wednesday and Thursday mornings get up 1/2 hour earlier for a 10:1 (x4) before work; 1.5 K slow runs with Bud each day; LSD on the weekend.