Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, September 7, 2008

10:1 (x15)

Beautiful morning for running -- cool, cloudy, with a breeze :-) [Such a contrast to the afternoon with the rain] Lots of runners and walkers along the Martin Goodman Trail this morning. Part of the trail was closed due to a canoe competition. Was out there for 2 hours 45 minutes and ran conservatively, a total of 22.05 K, averaging 7.29 min/K and 149 bpm. Really enjoyed the run -- just wish the entire year was like this morning. Forgot to wear the knee brace -- only figured that out with about 1/3 to go as I saw a runner with knee braces. Felt great to even run uphill beside the Gardner Expressway and before Ontario Place -- usually walk on the uphill. Also passed by the Toronto Islands entrance on Bay Street as it was crowded with a festival. YTD = 861.68 K.

As an aside, I never knew my Chow loves to run (okay, I knew that he ran in the backyard, but to run with me during our daily walks?). Yesterday morning, I ran slowly with him back home as the rain got stronger. He enjoyed it. Ran slowly with him again yesterday afternoon and just an hour ago. The run lasts about 5 minutes -- nothing long as I don't want to injure him. For the most part, he runs and doesn't get distracted by squirrels, etc.

Two weeks until the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront half marathon! I'm thinking of doing the Toronto Marathon (although I've already registered for the Ajax Half Marathon). I doubt I will actually sign up for the Toronto Marathon since it now costs $80 to register, not to mention the awful bussing from last year. I've e-mailed the race director about the busing situation.