Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Last 2 weeks

Been a tough 2 weeks. Had a left foot "slip". Went to walk-in clinic last Sunday. X-rays confirmed no fractures or broken bones (relief!!). However, the x-rays identified I have osteoarthritis. I think I have arthritis on my hands as well :-( The walk-in doctor in the follow-up appointment said there is nothing that I can do.



Very little running for the last 2 weeks:

October 22 = 5 K (no issues - it was on October 23 that I had the "slip")

Last Sunday = 2.3 K (being the runner I am, I ran to the walk-in clinic - only a runner would understand :-| )

Today = 2.5 K (no issues!)

I am registered for tomorrow's Niagara Falls International Marathon. Since there were no issues on the 2.5 K run today, I will run the full marathon. Spent 4 hours driving to and from Niagara Falls to pick up bib. Since the race starts in Buffalo and crosses the border to Canada at about 8 K, needed to clear Canadian customs border (which I have).


Needed to meet police officer to confirm I am on the list to clear customs.

Saw and felt the full marathon medal!

Bib timer is working.

View outside the expo.

Front of tech shirt.

Back of tech shirt.
Purchased 2 Ottawa Marathon tech shirts for $5. These were left overs from the spring. Amazing shirt!!!

No comments: