Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, April 26, 2015

In Orlando Florida - 2 runs and met Mickey Mouse

I am in Orlando, Florida helping to supervise the DECA trip for my school. Hot and humid - 88F to 92F. Two early morning runs of 10.75 K each yesterday and today. Happy to get these in as the Toronto Marathon is next Sunday - very excited!

After running south from the hotel, I head east once outside Disney resort. The sidewalk path seems to go on forever :-)

Turnaround and now heading back to the hotel. 

This past Thursday, after our early arrival to Orlando, I took 12 students to Disneyland - Magic Kingdom. Wow - expensive $94 US admission charge. Had rain for a bit and then it stopped. Line ups galore! I can cross Disneyland off my bucket list. Still want to run the full and half marathons at Disneyland - and get the Goofy medal!

YTD = 414.1 K

Nice view before entering the Magic Kingdom!
Mickey Mouse - great guy who talks! We're about the same height!
Snow White. Forgot to ask her where her 7 dwarfs went.

Not sure who this person is. She was beside Snow White. She wouldn't shake my hand since she's a princess.

Pluto! When I arrived, they were no longer allowing photos taken with Pluto. I begged and that didn't work. Would have been so cool to personally meet Pluto. They allowed me to take a photo of him.

Cinderella's famous missing shoe. 
Yeah - got to meet Cinderella! Projected 20 minute wait time took at least 45 minutes. The anticipated wait time to meet Frozen's Elsa and Anna was 2 hours. Incredible!!!
History of the Presidents show. If found this very interesting. All the USA presidents were represented.  
The famous castle. Nothing inside though.
Okay, and a photo of the DECA opening ceremonies - 15,000 students from USA, Canada, and China competing. 

Tomorrow, I have been assigned to judge a competition all day. Will get trained, thank goodness. 

No comments: