Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Thursday, March 26, 2015

first run since March 20th and update

Yesterday, had appointment with sports medicine doctor. Have been applying "Traumacare" pain relief cream and Tylenol muscle pain and body pain pills. Doctor diagnosed me with muscle spasm - resulted from my very deep tissue massage - when RMT working on my upper back, I was pressed into the "board" I was lying on - that upset my right rib. Doctor prescribed me 100 mg Celcoxib - nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug. He also suggested changing the cream to Voltaren extra strength. He said I should run and test it out. It could hurt but I would not be doing harm. He said I can go ahead with Sunday's race :-)

Ran this evening after work - 5 K. No issues :-) Didn't feel the pain near my right ribs.

YTD = 257.2 K
(15.1 K of 1700 K goal)

Can't wait until the spring weather arrives!

No comments: