Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Running in Montreal

I accompanied my school's debate team to Montreal for their tournament at McGill University. Surprsingly "warm" weather this weekend - and no rain (unlike in Toronto which rained throughout). During Saturday morning, I was able to run 20 K - from the hotel on Sherbrooke Street east until the Olympic Stadium and then back.



Here are some photos outside McGill University. McGill is hilly. Was told residences are located at the top of the hill. I should have toured the campus more than I did. A few former graduates of my high school love the university, which was found in 1821, and is ranked #1 in Canada, #2 public university in North America, and #18 world wide.



And of course, how could I not purchase some McGill merchandise? Sunday, October 28th is Open House at McGill and the bookstore had some specials (t-shirt $7.00; hoodie $29.99):




My good friend, Prof. Ron Lancaster (OISE/UT), reminded me to visit the Pi Cafe at 4128 rue St. Laurent. I purchased a pi cap ($19.99), pi t-shirt ($9.99) for myself, and a pi mug for my colleague, Rikita, who organized the debate trip for the school. The photo taken was by the store owner who is not a mathematician but has a liking of mathematics. Inside the coffee shop was a chess board on each table. Great place to relax!





And photos of Montreal as we walked to the VIA train station for our return to Toronto:


YTD = 1281 K

Hamilton Marathon next Sunday!!!

No comments: