Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, June 3, 2012

LSD 21.1 K

Woke up disappointed yesterday (morning) when the radio forecasted rain for this morning and afternoon. Since it was almost 10 AM (!), I opted to take the chance and perhaps run in the rain - haven't done that in a long time. Fortunately, it was overcast this morning. When I was all set to go at 9 AM, I was shocked to notice my Garmin was low in battery - I forgot to turn it off after the weekday run :-( I charged it for 30 minutes and then left the house at 9:30 AM. The Garmin continued to say "Low Battery" so be it. Since there was still possibility of rain, I opted to stay on streets just in case it got really bad and I needed shelter. I chose to stay away from Queen Street East due to the shooting at the Eaton Centre yesterday at 6:23 PM (8 shot of which 1 dead). Ran on Bloor/Danforth - a winter route. Was very happy to see Mr. Greek had a special of 5 chicken solavki sticks for $10.00 - great deal considering the solavki stick, potatoes, rice, and salad is about $8. Got in half marathon distance and it was enjoyable.

Next weekend is Woofstock at the St. Lawrence Market so Bud will definitely attend. He loves meeting other dogs.

YTD = 578.9 K

No comments: