Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Expo


Arrived at the Expo after work -- took 1.5 hours from Richmond Hill. Opted to drive south on Yonge Street from work. Expo was at the CNE right beside the Direct Energy Building. I found the expo smaller than last year. Line up for bib pickup for the half marathon was long -- initially I lined up with everyone else; fortunately, I asked someone and they pointed me in the right direction for the much shorter line-up for the marathon. One of the volunteers got "yelled" at since she hoarded tech shirts of varying sizes and gender -- to speed up bib pickup.

I went through the expo 3 times as I always enjoy the shopping. Bought nothing, though. Only thing I enjoyed was the iRun 42.2 K buttons -- took 3 of them.

Love the tech shirt as it's similar to last year. Different tech shirts for males and females.

Time chip is behind the bib:


And here's the wonderful race route, which is mainly downhill (except for Hoggs Hollow and the northern trek on University Ave at the end -- remember last year when I was walking and then running slowly -- struggling to the end. Not easy. Love the race -- but will miss Mississauga Marathon which is on the same day this year.





No comments: