Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, April 23, 2011

32 K LSD

Got in my 32 K LSD today :-) As I was sleeping, I heard the rain. Fortunately, when I began my run at 11 AM, the sun started to come out. Don't ask...slept in AGAIN (!) and took Bud on his morning walk before my run. Ran west on the Martin Goodman Trail west of the Humber River Bridge and the east to Cherry Street, then south close to Tommy Thompson Park -- had to make a turn as there was a muddy puddle that I couldn't seem to get across. Fortunately, no issues with the left foot :-) If the pattern continues, tomorrow the foot will be very sore. I already put both feet in cold water for several minutes. Will also put the droplets on the leg/foot -- doing it 3X a day. What can I say about the weather -- wore the toque for the first K and then wow -- it got humid. Stopped off at the Shopper's Drug Mart to buy Gatorade. 3 weeks until the Toronto Marathon.

Yesterday, as I was coming home from work, opted to head north on the Rosedale Valley to see what it looked like in the spring. There's a sidewalk so I should run south on it in the upcoming weeks before the big race.

YTD = 497.7 K

No comments: