Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Sunday, February 13, 2011

2 Runs this Week

Battled from light-headedness -- never like the feeling when I turn my head. Coped by sleeping at 8 PM and awoke at 6 PM to get to work. I thank my canine, Bud, who served as my "nurse" :-) Didn't miss work as I could go. Perhaps the issue is I switched computers and couldn't get the Internet to work so couldn't call in sick (!) -- so I cancelled that plan and went with Roger's Rocket. They don't have infinite access so I'm on the $35/month plan for 1 GB. Hope I don't go over!

Got in 2 runs -- yesterday and today.

* Saturday, February 12
4.08 K after "work". Was at York University helping out as an interviewer to the candidates to the B.Ed. programme. Lots of fun to meet the young blood of the future!

* Sunday, February 13
20.40 K this morning. Chose the route of north on Yonge Street until York Mills and then back home. Good training for the Toronto Marathon, which is only 3 months away! Spring is definitely around the corner as it's not dark when I drive to work in the morning :-)

Got an e-mail from the Midsummer Night's Run that I am now registered. Saved about $5 with mail registration :-)

Now have 3 pairs of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 10 at discounted price. These shoes better work as well as the GTS 7.

Feeling better today. Better go to sleep early and take Contact C just in case the cold/flu (whatever I have) is not totally gone. Should have gotten the flu shot...

This week = 20.48 K
YTD = 192.6 K (9.58% of year goal)
Total time = 23:21:12 (Wow -- almost an entire day of running!!)

No comments: