Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Saturday, January 2, 2010

LSD 25:1 (x6) & Cold!!!

Wow!!! It's cold out there. -15C with windchill over -20C. It also snowed last night. Walked Bud this morning and the snow was thin and I didn't any ice. Original plan was to run 2 intervals of 25:1 and repeat tomorrow (although the weather is forecasted to be similar to today). Wore my "warm" winter attire and hoped for the best.

The first 10 minutes were cold -- but that's what the current issue of Canadian Running says about winter running. I don't mind the cold so much, just the wind blowing into my uncovered face. As I didn't plan the run, I opted to go my "proven" route of running east on Bloor/Danforth and then back. Instead of 50 minutes of running, it turned into 2H 30M :-) The sidewalks were either dry or salted -- never once did I see or experience ice (thank goodness). So, the first run of the year was cold but a success! 22.42 K. Only saw a handful of runners this morning. If it wasn't for this 2010 K goal, I would have stayed home. Glad I didn't! The run was enjoyable (except, again, for the wind blowing on my face). I experienced the cold when I arrived home to take Bud around the block -- now that was cold!!

Looking forward to warmer days...

YTD = 22.42 K

No comments: