Running in Year 2023 (Goal 2023 km)

Monday, May 23, 2016

One Week Until Ottawa Marathon; Registered for Philadelphia Marathon!; message from Whitby race director

Next Sunday is the Ottawa Marathon! Looking forward to this highly organized race. One of my favourites! Hope the weather is not too hot.

Just registered for the Philadelphia Marathon! Enjoyed the Dallas Marathon immensely last fall. Looking forward to visiting Philadelphia and learning more about the USA history. Fascinating!

On another note, received a very surprising (shocking?) e-mail from the Whitby International Marathon. My time is correct.


Biggest issue for me is safety of the race course. I had major concerns with the Niagara International Marathon since there were no gels and water in the latter part of the course. This did not happen with the Whitby Marathon. It was a small race however there was plenty of water (although a couple of stations didn't have eLoad - but that didn't matter to me as I took the water (often with a gel). I was disappointed with the Whitby cotton shirt and finisher's medal (same all 3 times I participated). Course was scenic and the people in the race were great. Yes, I would register for the Whitby Marathon again - bargain for $35 :-)

Hi everyone,
 
My name is Jim Gore and I'm the fellow who did the timing yesterday. Unfortunately, my site is out of commission right now and the webmaster for the WIN Marathon site is on holiday, so my temporary fix is to give you links to the files on my Google Docs account. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Whitby race! Couldn't run it this year but will be back next year for sure! Can't beat the price and the small race athmosphere