Chicago Marathon
Sunday, October 8, 2023
Full/Ultra Marathon #90
- 48 580 participants in the full marathon.
- Could not ask for better weather: high 40s to start, cloudy.
- 3 starting corrals organized into A to N waves. Great to have 6 hours 30 minutes to finish to appear as an official finisher.
- Most organized race I have experienced (from start to end); especially the fluid stations with plenty of volunteers and tables.
- Chicago citizens embrace the marathon; cheering specators from start to finish (which kept the 42.2 km distance from ever getting dull or boring)
- Every km marked and every mile marked
- Started at 8:49:00 am and finished 2:21:13 pm
- Chip time = 5:32:14 (placed 41 913 out of 48 580)
![]() |
| Largest expo experienced! |
![]() |
| Great to meet Joan Benoit Samuelson, first woman to win Olympic gold. She signed my bib and a photo. |
![]() |
| Start line at 8:30 am |
![]() |
| 5 K |
![]() |
| 10 K |
![]() |
| 15 K |
![]() |
| 20 K |
![]() |
| Selfie at the half way mark with a time of 2:29:59. |
![]() |
| 25 K |
![]() |
| Selfie with a new friend at 27 K. At about the 5 K, I overheard a woman say, "Doodle". She was identifying doodles whenever she saw the dogs. Mine is at home and can't wait to see Elmo soon. |
![]() |
| Such amazing Chicago citizens who cheered us on from start to finish. |
![]() |
| 30 K |
![]() |
| Confetti |
![]() |
| Entering Chinatown |
![]() |
| 30 K |
![]() |
| 40 K |
![]() |
| 1 mile to go |
![]() |
| Selfie as about to reach finish line! |
![]() |
| Selfie with finisher's medal |
![]() |
| Selfie with the Bean; construction until spring 2024 means I could not touch the Bean :-( |
![]() |
| On 94th floor of 360 Chicago |
| Overall place: 41 913 out of 48 580 |























6 comments:
I enjoyed discovering this blog and the variety of topics shared here. Personal blogs like this are often interesting because they offer perspectives and experiences that are different from the usual large websites. I appreciate the time that goes into creating useful and engaging posts for readers. While browsing online resources recently, I also came across super tv para celular. Thanks for sharing your content and giving visitors something interesting to explore. I will definitely keep this blog in mind and look forward to seeing more thoughtful posts.
This is an interesting blog with content that feels personal and approachable. I always enjoy finding smaller websites where writers can share their ideas, experiences, and interests without making everything feel overly formal. The variety also makes exploring a blog more enjoyable. While looking through different online resources recently, I discovered Xuper TV Gratis. Thanks for maintaining this space and sharing your thoughts with readers. It was a pleasant visit, and I appreciate blogs that continue providing genuine content for people to discover.
I found this blog interesting to explore. There is something enjoyable about discovering independent websites because they often cover subjects from a personal perspective and provide details that larger sites may overlook. The content here gives readers something different to browse through at their own pace. While exploring online recently, I came across Netfly. Thanks for sharing your work and keeping the blog active. It was a nice discovery, and I appreciate the effort involved in creating content that readers can genuinely enjoy.
This blog was an interesting find. I enjoy visiting personal websites because they often have a relaxed style and give readers an opportunity to discover different interests and viewpoints. The content feels approachable, which makes browsing more enjoyable than simply looking through highly commercial pages. While exploring the web recently, I found BitTv. Thanks for sharing your posts and giving visitors something worthwhile to read. I appreciate the effort behind maintaining a blog and hope to come across more interesting articles here in the future.
I enjoyed spending some time exploring this blog. Personal websites can be surprisingly useful because they often provide information and perspectives that are not presented in the same way on larger platforms. I like the approachable feel of the content and the opportunity to discover something new while browsing. While looking through online resources recently, I also came across UniTv. Thanks for sharing your work with readers. It was a pleasant experience exploring the site, and I hope to see more interesting posts added in the future.
I found this blog to be an interesting place to explore. I always appreciate independent websites because they allow writers to share their interests and ideas in a more personal way. Discovering different posts can also lead readers to subjects they might not have searched for otherwise. While browsing online resources recently, I discovered xsupertv. Thanks for sharing your content and keeping the blog available for readers. It was a pleasant visit, and I appreciate the time and effort involved in maintaining a useful website.
Post a Comment